Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hump Day Question

Have you ever been to a restaurant and you order your meal a certain way, such as well done steak and they bring it to your table and of course it has to go back because it is not cooked right. Or, when you order a burger with mayo, mustard, lettuce and onion only and they bring it to you and it has ketchup and tomato on it, not what was ordered.

Question #1 - Do you get mad at the server or the cook.
Question #2 - Who is responsible to make sure your meal is correct before it is brought to your table.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

You always get mad at the server because they are the ones that are right there. You have no way to take it out on the cook. The cook should get the order right. I don't know about you, but I don't want a server lifting the bun of my burger to make sure it's right. That is really unsanitary. I say the manager should make sure your order is right, by making sure they have competant employees. However, you must remember that we are all human beings and we make mistakes. Unfortunately for you, they seem to make all their mistakes when you go out to eat.

Missy Glave said...

#1 - I would expect my server to take my order correctly and get it to the cook.

#2 - I think the cook is the one ultimately responsible for getting the order right. They have the "final" decisions to make on prep and cooking.

Did you have a bad experience today at a restaurant?

Andi said...

Did you have a bad experience? When I really become annoyed is when I've sat in line at a drive thru and ordered my "single with cheese" and paid extra for the cheese and when I get my food and drive away...open it to take a bite...only to discover...no cheese! And by then I've driven away or there's a line a mile long at the drive thru so I either have to park my car and go inside or just grumble and eat it without the cheese I paid for. Obviously my issues aren't happening at your real "high class" places but hey...the order should be right!

Wow...sorry if this sounds like I'm venting!!!